Ten simple steps to a more comfortable home with lower energy bills:
- Hire a Participating Energy Advisor to conduct a home energy assessment. Find a list of advisors HERE.
- Initiate loan process. Call Efficiency Maine at 1-866-376-2463 or APPLY ONLINE to prequalify for a loan. If you qualify, a loan application will be mailed to you.
- Price out your job. And if your contractor is not yet a REGISTERED VENDOR, ask them to register using this FORM.
- Submit paperwork. Send Efficiency Maine your contractor’s quote, along with your completed loan application materials.
- Sign loan documents. Upon loan approval, a finance representative will schedule an in-home loan closing.
- Receive funds to start job. The week following the closing, receive 30% of the project cost to use as an initial payment for the work.
- Complete upgrade.
- Verify work. Once the work is finished, schedule a return visit by your Participating Energy Advisor to make sure the project was completed as specified.
- Submit your project completion form.
- Receive remaining funds. Efficiency Maine will release the balance of your loan to pay contractor(s) for the work.
You can take 5, 10, 15 or in some cases 20 years to pay back the net loan balance after incentives. Efficiency Maine will send monthly loan repayment statements.
With a Maine PACE Loan, if you ever decide to sell your home, you can choose either to pay off the remaining balance or transfer the loan to the next owner.