Upgrade to Summit Natural Gas of Maine, an efficient heating system, and a weatherized home and you could qualify for up to $3,560 in rebates and $25,000 in financing. Think of it as home comfort paid for by energy savings.
Benefits of Natural Gas
Natural gas is the nation’s primary source of heat for many reasons:
- Low rates – Natural gas is currently one of the lowest-cost sources of heat.
- More efficient – Natural gas boilers and furnaces can be more efficient than oil systems because they can adjust their heat output to match demand (“modulating”) rather than having to cycle on/off and they can extract more heat from their exhaust (“condensing”).
- Convenient – Because natural gas is piped directly into homes, there’s no need to schedule deliveries or store fuel on-site.
- Better for the environment – Compared to oil or coal, natural gas has lower greenhouse gas emissions.
Benefits of Weatherization
- Reduce heating bills.
- Reduce/eliminate cooling bills.
- Increase comfort in both summer and winter.
- Eliminate ice dams on roofs.
- Avoid frozen pipes.
|Summit Rebate %||Summit Rebate Cap||Efficiency Maine Rebate*||Combined incentive|
|1||An Efficiency Maine-approved Energy Audit with 12 hours of air sealing||100%||$560||$400||$960|
|2||An Efficiency Maine-approved Energy Audit with 6 hours of air sealing||100%||$560||$560|
|3||An Efficiency Maine-approved Energy Audit||100%||$375||$375|
|4||Efficiency Maine qualifying natural gas fueled hot-water boiler||75%||$1,500||$500||$2,000|
|5||Non-Efficiency Maine qualifying natural gas fueled hot water boiler with an AFUE ≥90%||75%||$750||$750|
|6||Efficiency Maine qualifying natural gas fueled furnace||75%||$1,125||$500||$1,625|
|7||ENERGY STAR qualifying natural gas fueled on-demand water heater||75%||$560||$560|
|8||ENERGY STAR qualified natural gas fueled storage water heater||75%||$300||$300|
|9||Natural gas fueled conversion burner or other fixed space heating equipment, including boilers not otherwise included in 4 and 5 above||50%||$375||$375|
|10||Natural gas fueled cooking stove and/or oven||50%||$375||$375|
|11||Natural gas fueled clothes dryer||50%||$375||$375|
|13||Next Step Bonus (Rebate for installation measures beyond air sealing and energy assessment||$100||$100|
Efficient natural gas heat in a weatherized house
|New high efficiency gas boiler||$8,000|
|Energy audit with 12 hours air sealing||$960|
|Attic or basement insulation||+$3,000|
|Summit audit/air sealing rebate||$560|
|Efficiency Maine audit/air sealing rebate||$400|
|Efficiency Maine insulation rebate||$500|
|Summit 95% efficient boiler rebate||$1,500|
|Efficiency Maine boiler rebate||$500|
|Efficiency Maine “next step bonus”||+$100|
|Monthly payments 4.99% APR, 10-year loan||$89|
|Annual oil bill before conversion/weatherization||$3,000|
|Efficiency savings||x 30%|
|Annual efficiency savings||$900/year|
|Post-efficiency annual cost||$2,100|
|Fuel swap savings||x 30%|
|Annual fuel swap savings||$630/year|
|Annual cost after efficiency and fuel swap||$1,470/year|
|Gross annual savings||$1,530/year|
|Gross monthly savings||$128/month|
|Net annual savings||$462|
- Contact Summit – Call 621-8000 or visit SummitNaturalGasMaine.com to schedule your free consultation and sign up for service.
- Energy Audit – Use Efficiency Maine’s Registered Vendor Locator to find a Participating Energy Advisor to perform an energy audit and 12 hours of draft sealing. $960 of rebates typically covers 100% of the cost.
- Weatherize – Use Efficiency Maine’s Registered Vendor Locator to find an insulation company. Get quotes, apply for financing (optional), hire an insulator, and pay for it with the loan and up to $600 of Efficiency Maine rebates. A well-insulated home significantly reduces your heating costs.
- Install Heating System – When Summit is ready to start delivering gas, use Efficiency Maine’s Vendor Locator to find a heating system installer, get quotes, apply for financing (optional), hire an installer, and pay for it with the loan and up to $2,000 of Efficiency Maine and Summit rebates.