Efficiency Maine’s Business Program offers cash incentives to reduce the upfront cost of projects that help you use electricity more efficiently, from new fluorescent lighting to HVAC to farm equipment.
Eligible organizations may receive total incentives of up to $100,000 in a program year (July 1st through June 30th) on top of the reduced operating expenses that energy-efficient equipment offers year after year.
Efficiency Maine has calculated fixed or “Prescriptive Incentives” for certain types of equipment that generate consistent savings over a wide range of applications, including:
- HVAC equipment
- Variable-speed motor drives
- Commercial refrigeration
- Compressed air systems
- Agricultural equipment
“Custom Incentives” are offered to encourage creative solutions by supporting energy-efficient electrical equipment for which costs and savings vary by application. These calculations are supplied by the vendor and then reviewed by our engineering staff.
The amount of Custom Incentives depends on the type of project:
- For retrofit projects, the amount of the Efficiency Maine Custom Incentive may be up to 35% of the total cost of the efficiency project, including labor.
- For new construction and major renovations, as well as replacement of failed equipment, the incentive may be up to 75% of the incremental cost of high-efficiency equipment over standard equipment.
- Custom Incentives will be capped at $.14/kWh.
- Only projects that result in a yearly energy savings of 35,000 kWh or more are eligible to participate in the Custom Program.
How To Apply
If you have a project that must be submitted using the Custom Application Process please contact a Qualified Partner for assistance.