Most Maine homes are heated with a forced hot water boiler, a steam boiler or a forced hot air furnace. Efficiency Maine offers rebates and financing for homeowners installing high-efficiency heating equipment. Click here to learn more about this technology.
|1||Oil & Kerosene||Boiler||≥ 87||$500|
|2||Oil & Kerosene||Furnace||≥ 85||$500|
|3||Propane & Summit Natural Gas||Boiler||≥ 90||$500|
|4||Propane & Summit Natural Gas||Furnace||≥ 95||$500|
|5||Natural Gas**||Boiler (heat only)||≥ 90||$500|
|6||Natural Gas**||Boiler (combi)||≥ 90||$1,000|
|7||Natural Gas**||Furnace||≥ 95||$1,000|
**Natural gas from Maine Natural Gas, Bangor Natural Gas, or Unitil.
- Homeowners of any income
- 1- to 4-unit residential building. For larger buildings, see Commercial Programs.
- Building is principal, year-round residence for occupants, NOT a seasonal, second, or vacation home/rental
- Installed in primary living area, not a garage or outbuilding
- Located in Maine
- Residential Registered Vendor for the applicable service category
- Upgrades completed within the last:
- 12 months (for upgrades completed on or after January 1, 2018)
- 24 months (for upgrades completed before January 1, 2018)
Energy Loan Eligible?
- Yes. Click here for more details.
- Find a Residential Registered Vendor
- Decide on upgrade details
- Arrange for financing (optional)
- Complete the upgrade
- Submit the Rebate Claim Form
- Rebate check will be mailed in 6 weeks
Terms and Conditions
Lifetime limit of one rebate per dwelling. The Registered Vendor must be paid in advance of claiming rebate if the homeowner is the rebate recipient. Efficiency Maine does not warrant the performance of installed equipment. Program and incentives subject to change or termination. Consult Efficiency Maine website to confirm current program terms, rebate availability, and forms. Must use current rebate form at time of submission. Incomplete information may delay or disqualify your rebate.