Most Maine homes are heated with a forced hot water boiler, a steam boiler or a forced hot air furnace. Efficiency Maine offers rebates and financing for homeowners installing high-efficiency heating equipment. Click here to learn more about this technology.
- $1,000 for Unitil, Maine Natural Gas and Bangor Natural Gas customers who install an eligible natural gas furnace, wall furnace or “combi” boiler
- $500 for all other customers with upgrades completed on or after January 1, 2018
- $300 for all other customers with upgrades completed before January 1, 2018
|1||Oil or kerosene boilers||≥ 86 AFUE (Annual Fuel Use Efficiency), accessible pipes insulated, no tankless coils|
|2||Oil or kerosene furnaces||≥ 2-stage, direct vent, centrally located|
|3||Natural Gas or propane boilers||≥ 90 AFUE (natural gas boilers must be “combi” boilers)|
|4||Natural gas or propane furnaces||≥ 95 AFUE AND (≥ 2-stage OR ducts sealed & insulated)|
|5||Wall furnace (any fuel)||≥ 2-stage, direct vent, centrally located|
- Homeowners of any income
- Single-family home, condominium, or 2-4 unit multifamily building
- Building is principal, year-round residence for occupants, NOT a seasonal, second, or vacation home/rental
- Installed in primary living area, not a garage or outbuilding
- Located in Maine
- Building has not received Home Energy Savings Program rebates in excess of $5,000 (including this request)
- Residential Registered Vendor for the applicable service category
- Upgrades completed within the last:
- 12 months (for upgrades completed on or after January 1, 2018)
- 24 months (for upgrades completed before January 1, 2018)
Energy Loan Eligible?
- Yes. Click here for more details.
- Find a Residential Registered Vendor
- Decide on upgrade details
- Arrange for financing (optional)
- Complete the upgrade
- Submit the Rebate Claim Form
- Rebate check will be mailed in 6 weeks
Terms and Conditions
Only one rebate will be paid for any given upgrade. The Registered Vendor must be paid in advance of claiming rebate if the homeowner is the rebate recipient. Efficiency Maine does not warrant the performance of installed equipment. Program is subject to change without notice. Incomplete information may delay or disqualify your rebate.