Are you or are you thinking about becoming a Unitil Natural Gas customer? Are you looking to upgrade to a Unitil Natural Gas fired heating system or make insulation improvements to make your home more evenly heated and comfortable year round? Efficiency Maine has rebates of up to $5,000 and financing up to $15,000 to get your project started right away.
Benefits of Weatherization
No one likes to waste heat or money, yet most Maine homes are far draftier than they should be and nearly all homes could benefit from increased insulation in attics, walls or basements. The Home Energy Savings Program (HESP) provides rebates on energy assessments with air sealing, as well as insulation and best in class heating systems. Bangor Natural Gas customers that complete HESP projects are able to receive doubled rebates on eligible measures. Get started by finding a local Registered Vendor using our online locator tool today!
- Reduce heating bills.
- Reduce/eliminate cooling bills.
- Increase comfort in both summer and winter.
- Eliminate ice dams on roofs.
- Avoid frozen pipes.
|Efficiency Maine Rebate*||Unitil NG Bonus||Combined Incentive||Minimum Project Cost Before Incentive|
|1||An Efficiency Maine-approved Energy Audit with 6 hours of air sealing||$400||$400||$600|
|2||Efficiency Maine qualifying natural gas fueled high-efficiency condensing combination heat and hot water boiler (“combi-boiler”)||$300||$700||$1,000||$2,000||3||Efficiency Maine qualifying natural gas fueled high-efficiency furnace||$300||$300||$2,000|
|5||Next Step Bonus (Rebate for installation measures beyond air sealing and energy assessment||$100||$100||N/A|
|6||Natural Gas water heaters (with an energy efficiency of 82% or greater)||$300||$300||$600|
Efficient natural gas heat in a weatherized house
|Energy audit with 6 hours air sealing||$600|
|Increasing Attic Insulation to R49 (~18″)||$4,200|
|Whole Basement 2″ Sprayfoam Insulation||+$4,800|
|Efficiency Maine audit/air sealing rebate with Unitil bonus||$400|
|Attic insulation rebate + bonus||$1,400|
|Basement insulation rebate + bonus||$1,400|
|Efficiency Maine “next step bonus”||+$100|
|Monthly payments 4.99% APR, 10-year loan||$65|
- Energy Audit – Use Efficiency Maine’s Registered Vendor Locator to find a Participating Energy Advisor to perform an energy audit and 6 hours of draft sealing.
- Weatherize – Use Efficiency Maine’s Registered Vendor Locator to find an insulation company. Get quotes, apply for financing (optional), hire an insulator, and pay for it with the loan and up to $5,000 of Efficiency Maine rebates. A well-insulated home significantly reduces your heating costs.
- Install a Heating System – You may consider upgrading to a high efficiency natural gas heating system , use Efficiency Maine’s Vendor Locator to find a heating system installer, get quotes, apply for financing (optional), hire an installer, and pay for it with the loan and up to $1,000 of Efficiency Maine rebates within the per building cap of $5,000.
See the complete list of eligible measures and the increased incentives available to Natural Gas customers on this comprehensive rebate form. These rebates are available for Unitil, Maine Natural Gas and Bangor Natural Gas. If you are a Summit Natural Gas customer click here.