Small Business Initiative
If you’re a “Small General Service” (SGS) or “General Service” (GS) electric customer (click here for a bill example) and in an eligible town, Efficiency Maine will pay 75% or more of the total upgrade cost for new LED lighting at your business. Projects are designed to significantly improve quality of light, reduce lighting maintenance costs, and past participants are saving approximately $100/month. Click here for a case study.
The Small Business Initiative is currently at work in these regions:
- Bucksport Area, Region 20 (participating towns)
- Belfast Area, Region 21 (participating towns)
- Belgrade Lakes Area, Region 22 (participating towns)
- Lewiston/Auburn Area, Region 23 (participating towns)
Upgrading lighting at your business is as easy as 1, 2, 3…
Step Two: A local electrician will follow up to schedule your free, no-obligation lighting assessment.
Step Three: After the assessment, you and your contractor will review the proposed project scope for your approval.
You’re now ready for the contractor to order and install your new lighting. For most small businesses, your cost will be 25% of the total project cost with Efficiency Maine paying the contractor the remaining 75%. Most businesses recoup their upfront cost within the first year or so in lighting savings.
Enjoy lighting savings, better quality of light, reduced lighting maintenance costs, and more. To go further with your upgrades, click here to see how Efficiency Maine can help you with incentives for heat pumps in small businesses. Financing is also available for small business heat pump projects.
It’s that simple.
If you have additional questions, click here or call 866-376-2463.
See below for examples of how Efficiency Maine’s Small Business Initiative has helped businesses from around the state save energy:
Small Business Initiative In Action
|Business Name||Shaw’s Hardware (Sanford, ME)||Smith Co. Antique Shop (Cornish, ME)||TJ’s Sandwich Shop (Standish, ME)|
|Contractor||Absolute Power Electrical||Field Electric||BSP Electric|
|Old Lighting||Fluorescent Tubes||Fluorescent T12 Strips||Flourescent T8 & T12 Strips, Exterior Pole Light – 150W HPS|
|New Lighting||LED Linear Retrofit Kits and Replacement Bulbs||LED Linear 8’ Strips||LED Recessed Troffers and LED Linear Exterior Pole Light – 45WLED|
|Estimated Annual Energy Savings||12,830 kWh/year||5,501 kWh/year||11,883 kWh/year|
|Estimated Annual Cost Savings||$1,900||$525||$1,782|
Sign up for your free, no-obligation lighting assessment here.