Hospitality Retrofits: CIP FON-008-2022 (5/27-2022 review)
On May 1, 2022, Efficiency Maine launched the Hospitality Retrofits Initiative to install energy efficiency upgrades at qualifying restaurants, hotels, motels, inns, and bed and breakfasts.
The Hospitality Retrofits Initiative will be used to reduce consumption of heating oil and propane, primarily by switching heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems to high-performance heat pump systems. Other eligible conservation projects in the initiative will include LED lighting and refrigeration upgrades.
Interested businesses must respond to the Efficiency Maine Hospitality Retrofits Funding Opportunity Notice (FON). To receive a financial incentive from the initiative, projects must meet the minimum requirements and criteria of the FON.
The first FON will prioritize smaller, local businesses in the hospitality, travel and tourism sector. Subsequent FONs applying different incentives, requirements, and criteria may be issued over the course of the initiative.
Eligible Business Types and Facilities
For the first FON of this initiative, eligible businesses will be limited to:
- hotels, motels, inns, and bed and breakfasts that:
- have fewer than 100 beds,
- are located in Maine, and
- are not franchisees of, or owned by, a national or international chain
- restaurants in Maine that are not franchisees of, or owned by, a national or international chain
In addition to the limitation on franchisees and chains noted above, rental homes, Airbnb lodging, camps, cabins, cottages, and non-permanent structures are not eligible through this opportunity (but may qualify for other incentives offered through Efficiency Maine; click here for more information).
Eligible Energy Retrofits
Incentives are available for:
- high-performance heat pump systems – with a focus on buildings that currently use heating oil or propane for heating and that operate through the winter months
- LED retrofit lighting
- refrigeration projects
For more details on this opportunity, download the “Hospitality Retrofits Funding Opportunity Notice” document in the section below. Additional materials needed to apply to this FON are also available below.
- Hospitality Retrofits Funding Opportunity Notice (.pdf)
- Attachment A: Project Application and Commitment Form (.pdf)
- Attachment B: Hospitality Retrofits CLIC Tool (.xlsm)
This FON will accept applications until May 1, 2023, or until funds are exhausted.
Accepted projects must be completed by December 31, 2023.
For More Information:
Call Efficiency Maine’s toll-free call center at (207) 213-6247 or send an email to email@example.com.