Are you interested in lowering your heating costs and making your home more comfortable? Take steps to tighten up your home and add insulation installed at a significant discount.
Reducing the amount of air that leaks in and out of your home can be a cost-effective way to reduce heating costs and improve comfort. See table below for enhanced incentives for low- and moderate-income homes.
|Air Sealing with Energy Assessment||$600 value (no copay collected)|
|Insulation||90% of the project cost up to a $9,000 rebate (10% copay required)|
- Owner occupied single-family home (owner’s primary year-round residence)
- Upgrade not part of construction of new home or addition
- Lifetime limit of $9,600 in rebates per building or townhouse
- Participates in one of the following eligibility options:
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). Efficiency Maine encourages LIHEAP households to check with Maine Housing regarding the possibility of qualifying for an installation that covers all costs.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) for food assistance
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) for cash assistance
- MaineCare for medical insurance coverage
- Meets town’s tax assessed property value requirements below (building and land combined before exemptions).
Maximum Town Tax Assessed Property Values
Aroostook, Somerset, Washington, and Piscataquis
Franklin, Oxford, and Penobscot
Androscoggin, Kennebec, and Waldo
Sagadahoc, Knox, Hancock, Lincoln, York, and Cumberland
- Installer is a Residential Registered Vendor.
- Installer reservation required.
How to Get a Rebate:
- Verify eligibility
- Hire a Residential Registered Vendor
- Residential Registered Vendor submits reservation
- Complete upgrade
- Customer pays copay
- Residential Registered Vendor submits rebate claim form and receives payment
Terms and Conditions
Measures installed through this program are not eligible for any other Efficiency Maine incentives. Program and incentives subject to change or termination. Consult Efficiency Maine website to confirm current program terms, rebate availability, and forms.
Installers can download the reservation form here.
Installers can download a program claim form here.