This home heating cost comparison tool can help you estimate what your annual heating costs would be using different heating systems. Look for the row that best describes your current heating system then press the Increase or Decrease buttons until the Annual Cost approximates yours. You can also modify price and efficiency assumptions.
- To talk with a professional about upgrading your heating system, contact an Efficiency Maine Registered Vendor.
- Your fuel prices may differ. Check here for up-to-date and regional pricing.
- Click here for an annual cost comparison chart using default values from the calculator above.
- Click here for information on Efficiency Maine’s incentives and home energy loans for heating system upgrades.
- It typically costs $1.22 in weatherization to save a gallon of heating oil so be sure to consider weatherization if you are trying to reduce your heating costs.