Appliances and electronics account for 21% of the typical household’s energy consumption, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration. Upgrading to high-efficiency appliances can help reduce energy use for years to come.
According to ENERGY STAR®, the average U.S. family washes about 300 loads of laundry each year. ENERGY STAR® certified models use about 20% less energy and 30% less water than non-certified washing machines. Choosing a high-efficiency model can save the average household nearly $360 over the lifetime of the unit.
- $50 rebate available from Efficiency Maine
- Click here for a list of ENERGY STAR® certified clothes washers
Room Air Purifiers
According to ENERGY STAR®, a standard room air purifier that is operated continuously can use more electricity than some refrigerators. ENERGY STAR® certified room air purifiers are more than 25% more energy efficient than standard models and can save the average household $120 over the lifetime of the unit.
- $25 rebate available from Efficiency Maine
- Click here for a list of ENERGY STAR® certified room air purifiers
- See ENERGY STAR® to learn about other energy efficient products.