Geothermal heat pumps, also called ground source heat pumps, take advantage of the constant temperature of the ground below the frost line to heat in the winter and cool in the summer. Efficiency Maine offers a $3,000 rebate for qualifying geothermal heat pumps. Click here for more information on this technology. Click here to learn more about the Federal Tax Credit for Geothermal Heat Pumps.
- 1/3 project cost up to $3,000
- Homeowners of any income
- ENERGY STAR® geothermal heat pump
- Single-family home, condominium, or 2-4 unit multifamily building
- Building is principal, year-round residence for occupants, NOT a seasonal, second, or vacation home/rental
- Installed in primary living area, not a garage or outbuilding
- Located in Maine
- Building has not received Home Energy Savings Program rebates in excess of $5,000 (including this request)
- Upgrades completed within the last:
- 12 months (for upgrades completed on or after January 1, 2018)
- 24 months (for upgrades completed before January 1, 2018)
Energy Loan Eligible?
- Yes. Click here for details.
- Find a Residential Registered Vendor
- Decide on upgrade details
- Arrange for financing (optional)
- Complete the upgrade
- Submit the Rebate Claim Form
- Rebate check will be mailed in 6 weeks
Terms and Conditions
Only one rebate will be paid for any given upgrade. The Registered Vendor must be paid in advance of claiming rebate if the homeowner is the rebate recipient. Efficiency Maine does not warrant the performance of installed equipment. Program is subject to change without notice. Incomplete information may delay or disqualify your rebate.