Geothermal heat pumps, also called ground source heat pumps, take advantage of the constant temperature of the ground below the frost line to heat in the winter and cool in the summer. Efficiency Maine offers a $3,000 rebate for qualifying geothermal heat pumps. Click here for more information on this technology. Click here to learn more about the Federal Tax Credit for Geothermal Heat Pumps.
- 1/3 project cost up to $3,000
- Homeowners of any income
- 1- to 4-unit residential building. For larger buildings, see Commercial Programs.
- Building is principal, year-round residence for occupants, NOT a seasonal, second, or vacation home
- Installed in primary living area, not a garage or outbuilding
- Located in Maine
- Lifetime limit of one geothermal rebate per dwelling (A dwelling is a residential unit with a dedicated kitchen, sleeping area, and bathroom.)
- Upgrades completed within the last 12 months
Energy Loan Eligible?
- Yes. Click here for details.
- Find a Residential Registered Vendor
- Decide on upgrade details
- Arrange for financing (optional)
- Complete the upgrade
- Submit the Rebate Claim Form
- Allow 6 weeks for rebate processing
Terms and Conditions
Only one rebate will be paid for any given upgrade. The Residential Registered Vendor must be paid in advance of claiming rebate if the homeowner is the rebate recipient. Efficiency Maine does not warrant the performance of installed equipment. Program and incentives subject to change or termination. Please allow six weeks for rebate processing. Incomplete information may delay or disqualify your rebate.