Small businesses in Maine come in many shapes and sizes but most have energy saving opportunities. Many could benefit from upgrading to high-efficiency lights or updating their heating and cooling system. Read below for more information on saving energy at your small business.
High-efficiency lighting can cut energy costs and improve ambiance
Many small businesses in Maine have outdated, inefficient lighting. Upgrading to high-efficiency lighting can reduce energy costs and enhance the customer and employee experience. Efficiency Maine offers a variety of lighting incentives:
- Exterior Lighting
- Interior Lighting
- Screw-in LEDs
- Lighting Controls
Efficiency Maine offers a special program to encourage lighting upgrades in eligible small businesses in specific geographic regions. To find out if your business is in one of the current regions, click here.
Heating, Cooling, and Ventilation
Small businesses can reduce energy costs by upgrading to energy efficient heating and cooling systems, or by adding controls to existing systems.
Ductless Heat Pumps. Ductless heat pumps offer room-by-room control of heating and cooling. Many Maine businesses are choosing ductless heat pumps as an efficient and quiet way to meet heating and cooling needs.
“We have been very happy with the heat pumps we installed; the entire restaurant was kept warm all winter and they are completely silent! They were the perfect choice.”
– David Poulin
Owner of Fat Cat’s Cafe, Augusta
Efficiency Maine also offers rebates on other high-efficiency heating and cooling equipment and controls:
- Furnaces and Boilers
- Space Heaters
- Variable Refrigerant Flow Systems
- Furnace and Boiler Controls
High-efficiency water heating can reduce operating costs and energy use
Small businesses may reduce water heating costs by upgrading to high-efficiency water heating systems and choosing a system that meets the needs of specific spaces.
Efficiency Maine offers incentives for:
- Tankless Water Heaters
- Heat Pump Water Heaters
- Restaurants may benefit from upgrading cooking and commercial refrigeration equipment. Click here to review Efficiency Maine’s guidance for restaurants.
- Auto repair and other businesses may consider upgrading compressed air equipment. Click here to learn more about compressed air incentives.
- Efficiency Maine has sector-specific information that may be useful to your small business. Click on the links below to access more information for:
Ready to get started with high-efficiency equipment and appliances? Work with an Efficiency Maine Qualified Partner in order to be eligible for these incentives.
- EnergyStar.gov has energy management guidance for small businesses. Click here to learn more.