Efficiency Maine has programs for businesses of all sizes, including multifamily buildings with five units or more and Maine’s largest energy customers. Examples of eligible organizations include:
- Businesses, for profit or nonprofit;
- Schools and higher education facilities;
- Manufacturing and other industrial facilities;
- Other non-residential facilities; and
- Multifamily and condominium buildings with five or more units. (Multifamily and condominium buildings of four units or less and single-family houses are eligible for incentives through residential programs.)
Learn more about Efficiency Maine’s incentives for the Commercial and Industrial Sector:
Click on the links below to learn more about energy efficiency solutions, how to get started, and program details.
Getting Started with your Project:
- Contact an Efficiency Maine Qualified Partner to help work with you to upgrade your facility. They can also share more about the complete program guidelines, eligibility requirements, and project completion time periods.
- As part of the project approval process, you will need to accept the C&I Prescriptive Initiative’s Terms and Conditions.
- If you typically work with a contractor that is not yet a Qualified Partner, urge your contractor to find out more information here.
- Efficiency Maine and your Qualified Partner will help you complete your project and receive incentives for your upgraded solutions.
Click the icon below to find a Qualified Partner.
Don’t see your solution listed above? Explore our Custom Program.
The Commercial & Industrial Custom Program targets cost-effective, site-specific energy efficiency projects that require tailored engineering analyses. Maine businesses, institutions, nonprofits, and governments can apply for financial incentives to offset the cost of electrical efficiency, distributed generation, or thermal efficiency projects. Awards range from a minimum of $10,000 to a maximum of $1 million per customer per year, or up to 50% of the total project cost. Customers may also be eligible for free scoping audits and technical assistance incentives.