Efficiency Maine has programs for businesses of all sizes, including multifamily buildings with three or more units and Maine’s largest energy customers. Examples of eligible organizations include:
- Businesses, for profit or nonprofit;
- Schools and higher education facilities;
- Manufacturing and other industrial facilities;
- Other non-residential facilities; and
- Multifamily buildings with three or more units. (Condominiums and multifamily buildings of two units or less and single-family houses are eligible for incentives through residential programs.)
Learn more about Efficiency Maine’s solutions, incentives, and financing for the Commercial and Industrial Sector:
Click on the links below to learn more about energy efficiency solutions, how to get started, and program details.
Getting Started with your Project:
- Ready to upgrade your facility with high-efficiency equipment and appliances? Work with an Efficiency Maine Qualified Partner in order to be eligible for these incentives.
Click here to find a Qualified Partner working near you. If you work with a contractor that is not yet a Qualified Partner, urge your contractor to find out more information here. As part of the project approval process, you will accept the C&I Prescriptive Program’s Terms and Conditions. If you’re interested in becoming a Qualified Partner, click here to see our Become A Qualified Partner page
- If you’re interested in getting started with an energy efficiency project in your business but don’t know where to start, you can sign-up for a virtual customer consultation here.
Click the icon below to find a Qualified Partner.
Don’t see your solution listed above? Explore our Custom Program.
The Commercial & Industrial Custom Program targets cost-effective, site-specific energy efficiency projects that require tailored engineering analyses. Maine businesses, institutions, nonprofits, and governments can apply for financial incentives to offset the cost of electrical efficiency, distributed generation, or thermal efficiency projects. Awards range from a minimum of $10,000 to a maximum of $1 million per customer per year, or up to 50% of the total project cost. Customers may also be eligible for free scoping audits and technical assistance incentives.