Use this tool to estimate what your annual heating costs would be using different heating systems.
1. Find the row that best describes your home’s heating system configuration
2. Update fuel cost and other relevant assumptions (efficiency rating is under “show details”)
3. Click “Calculate”
4. Press Increase/Decrease until Annual Cost matches yours
- To talk with a professional about upgrading your heating system, contact an Efficiency Maine Residential Registered Vendor.
- Your fuel prices may differ. Check here for up-to-date and regional pricing.
Default electric price is weighted by utility residential load (CMP and Versant only), and based on whole-home heat pump usage for 92 MMBTU/year heat load. Annual Heating Cost represents the added cost to power heat pumps after switching to special heat pump rates offered by CMP and Versant.
This calculator is for comparison purposes only. Actual performance may vary. Default energy prices last updated: 1/5/2023.