Energy-efficient equipment can help Maine’s agricultural industry save on energy costs, reduce maintenance costs, and improve productivity. Efficiency Maine offers incentives for specialized equipment found in the dairy and potato-growing industries, including milk scroll compressors, dairy vacuum pumps, and potato storage exhaust fans.
Click here for more information on incentives for agricultural efficiency solutions.
Indoor Horticultural Lighting – Cannabis
- Lighting is a key component for the indoor cultivation of cannabis. By upgrading to more efficient LED lighting, a facility can increase efficiency and lower costs associated with flower and vegetative production.
- Click here to fill out and submit the Horticultural Lighting Project Application.
Dehumidifiers for Indoor Cannabis Cultivation
- Dehumidification plays a crucial role in controlling the humidity of your grow space for indoor cannabis cultivation. Installing an energy efficient dehumidification system can save you energy and money.
- Click here to fill out and submit the Horticultural Dehumidification Project Application
Milk Scroll Compressors
- Compressors are a critical part of a number of agricultural operations, particularly on dairy farms. Newer scroll compressor systems typically save 15 to 25 percent of electrical costs over reciprocating compressors, and are quieter and more reliable than traditional reciprocating compressors.
Milk Vacuum Pump with Adjustable Speed Drive
- Variable speed pumps can cut vacuum system energy costs by regulating the speed of the pump to match load and pressure requirements. With an adjustable speed drive, the vacuum pump motor requires less energy during each milking.
Potato Ventilation Fans with Adjustable Speed Drive
- Potato storage facilities require air movement to remove heat and maintain the required relative humidity. Agricultural facilities storing potatoes can save energy and reduce shrinkage losses with high-efficiency fans. HVLS (high volume, low speed) fans are an efficient way to move large amounts of air and make less noise than standard fans. These fans, with adjustable speed controls, can ramp ventilation up or down to meet demand.
Ready to upgrade your facility with high-efficiency equipment and appliances? Work with an Efficiency Maine Qualified Partner in order to be eligible for these incentives. See our Qualified Partner video for more information on this process.
Click here to find a Qualified Partner working near you. If you work with a contractor that is not yet a Qualified Partner, urge your contractor to find out more information here. As part of the project approval process, you will accept the C&I Prescriptive Program’s Terms and Conditions.
If you’re interested in getting started with an energy efficiency project in your business but don’t know where to start, you can sign-up for a virtual customer consultation here.