More than 45,000 ductless heat pumps have been installed in homes and businesses across Maine over the past five years. They are the most popular heating system across all of Efficiency Maine’s programs because they offer highly efficient heating, air conditioning, and dehumidification. Efficiency Maine offers rebates of up to $1,500 for residential heat pumps. Click here to learn more about this technology. Click here for information about low-income heat pump incentives. Click here for information about commercial heat pump incentives.
Rebate (up to $1,500)
- 1st indoor unit: $500 if Tier 1 or $1,000 if Tier 2
- 2nd indoor unit: $250 if Tier 1 or $500 if Tier 2
Ductless Heat Pump
- Tier 1 heat pumps:
- Tier 2 heat pumps:
- AHRI-rated HSPF 12.5 or greater
- Each system is single-zone
- Wall-mounted indoor unit
- Installed on or after 1/1/2020
- Home not served by natural gas
Click here for a list of most commonly rebated models.
- Homeowners of any income
- 1- to 4-unit residential building (for larger buildings, see Commercial Programs)
- Building is principal, year-round residence for occupants, NOT a seasonal, second, or vacation home
- Installed in primary living area, not a garage or outbuilding
- Located in Maine
- Lifetime limit is two heat pump indoor unit rebates per dwelling (a dwelling is a residential unit with a dedicated kitchen, sleeping area, and bathroom)
- Residential Registered Vendor for heat pumps
- Installed according to the Heat Pump Installation Requirements Checklist
- Upgrades completed within the last 12 months
Energy Loan Eligible?
- Yes. Click here for more details
- Find a Residential Registered Vendor for heat pumps
- Decide on upgrade details
- Arrange for financing (optional)
- Complete the upgrade
- Submit the Rebate Claim Form
- Allow 6 weeks for rebate processing
Terms and Conditions
Only one rebate will be paid for any given upgrade. Efficiency Maine does not warrant the performance of rebated upgrade. Program and incentives subject to change or termination. Please allow six weeks for rebate processing. Incomplete information may delay or disqualify your rebate. Efficiency Maine reserves the right to verify installation and perform an inspection.