Tens of thousands of heat pumps have been installed in homes and businesses across Maine. They are the most popular heating system across all of Efficiency Maine’s rebates because they offer highly efficient heating, air conditioning, and dehumidification. Efficiency Maine offers rebates of up to $1,200 for residential heat pumps.
Rebate (up to $1,200)
- 1st indoor unit: $400 if Tier 1 or $800 if Tier 2
- 2nd indoor unit: $200 if Tier 1 or $400 if Tier 2
- Tier 1 heat pumps:
- Tier 2 heat pumps:
- AHRI-rated HSPF 12.5 or greater
- Each system is single-zone
- Wall-mounted indoor unit
- Installed on or after 1/1/2020
- Home does not have natural gas utility account
Click here for a list of most commonly rebated models.
- Homeowner of any income
- Installed in a 1- to 4-unit residential building located in Maine. For larger buildings, including 5 or more attached condominiums, see Commercial Programs
- Rebated heat pumps will be used to heat the home throughout the heating season
- Installed in primary living area, not a garage or outbuilding
- Lifetime limit is two heat pump indoor unit rebates per dwelling (a dwelling is a residential unit with a dedicated kitchen, sleeping area, and bathroom)
- Residential Registered Vendor for heat pumps
- Installed according to the Heat Pump Installation Requirements Checklist
- Installed within the last 90 days
Energy Loan Eligible?
- Yes. Click here for more details
- Find a Residential Registered Vendor for heat pumps
- Decide on upgrade details
- Arrange for financing (optional)
- Complete the upgrade
- Submit the Rebate Claim Form
- Allow 6 weeks for rebate processing
Terms and Conditions
Only one rebate will be paid for any given upgrade. Efficiency Maine does not warrant the performance of rebated upgrade. Program and incentives subject to change or termination. Please allow six weeks for rebate processing. Incomplete information may delay or disqualify your rebate. Efficiency Maine reserves the right to verify installation and perform an inspection.