More than 45,000 ductless heat pumps have been installed in homes and businesses across Maine over the past five years. Efficiency Maine offers rebates of up to $1,500 for residential heat pumps. Click here to learn more about this technology.
- 1st indoor unit: $500 if Tier 1 or $1,000 if Tier 2
- 2nd indoor unit: $250 if Tier 1 or $500 if Tier 2
- Homeowners of any income
Ductless Heat Pump
- Tier 1 heat pumps:
- Tier 2 heat pumps:
- AHRI-rated HSPF 12.5 or greater
- Each system is single-zone
- Wall-mounted indoor unit
- Installed on or after 1/1/2020
- Home not served by natural gas
Click here for a list of most commonly rebated models.
- 1- to 4-unit residential building. For larger buildings, see Commercial Programs.
- Building is principal, year-round residence for occupants, NOT a seasonal, second, or vacation home
- Installed in primary living area, not a garage or outbuilding
- Located in Maine
- Lifetime limit is two heat pump indoor unit rebates per dwelling (A dwelling is a residential unit with a dedicated kitchen, sleeping area, and bathroom.)
- Residential Registered Vendor for heat pumps
- Installed according to the Heat Pump Installation Requirements Checklist
- Upgrades completed within the last 12 months
Energy Loan Eligible?
- Yes. Click here for more details
- Find a Residential Registered Vendor for heat pumps
- Decide on upgrade details
- Arrange for financing (optional)
- Complete the upgrade
- Submit the Rebate Claim Form
- Allow 6 weeks for rebate processing
Terms and Conditions
Only one rebate will be paid for any given upgrade. The Residential Registered Vendor must be paid in advance of claiming rebate if the homeowner is the rebate recipient. Efficiency Maine does not warrant the performance of installed equipment. Program and incentives subject to change or termination. Please allow six weeks for rebate processing. Incomplete information may delay or disqualify your rebate.