More than 30,000 ductless heat pumps have been installed in homes and businesses across Maine over the past five years. Efficiency Maine offers rebates of $500 to $750 for qualifying heat pumps. Click here to learn more about this technology.
- $500 for first indoor unit
- $250 for second indoor unit
Ductless Heat Pump
- Minimum efficiency (HSPF, according to AHRI) of 12.0 for systems with one indoor unit or 10.0 for systems with more than one indoor unit. Click here for criteria and a list of known eligible models.
- Installed according to the Ductless Heat Pump Installation Checklist
- Homeowners of any income
- 1- to 4-unit residential building. For larger buildings, see Commercial Programs.
- Building is principal, year-round residence for occupants, NOT a seasonal, second, or vacation home
- Installed in primary living area, not a garage or outbuilding
- Located in Maine
- Lifetime limit of two heat pump indoor unit rebates per dwelling
- Residential Registered Vendor for heat pumps
- Upgrades completed within the last:
- 12 months (for upgrades completed on or after January 1, 2018)
- 24 months (for upgrades completed before January 1, 2018)
Energy Loan Eligible?
- Yes. Click here for more details
- Find a Residential Registered Vendor for heat pumps
- Decide on upgrade details
- Arrange for financing (optional)
- Complete the upgrade
- Submit the Rebate Claim Form
- Rebate check will be mailed in 6 weeks
Terms and Conditions
The Registered Vendor must be paid in advance of claiming rebate if the homeowner is the rebate recipient. Efficiency Maine does not warrant the performance of installed equipment. Program and incentives subject to change or termination. Consult Efficiency Maine website to confirm current program terms, rebate availability, and forms. Must use current rebate form at time of submission.