Biomass boilers and furnaces are heating systems that use a local, renewable fuel. A biomass boiler or furnace burns pellets or cordwood and is connected to a heating distribution system. They operate like conventional central heating systems. Click here for more information on this technology.
- 1/3 of project costs up to $3,000
- Homeowners of any income
- Must be on Efficiency Maine’s list of rebate-eligible biomass boilers and furnaces
- Has enough capacity for at least 2 weeks of unattended operation
- Single-family home, condominium, or 2-4 unit multifamily building
- Building is principal, year-round residence for occupants, NOT a seasonal, second, or vacation home/rental
- Installed in primary living area, not a garage or outbuilding
- Located in Maine
- Building has not received Home Energy Savings Program rebates in excess of $5,000 (including this request)
- Upgrades completed within the last:
- 12 months (for upgrades completed on or after January 1, 2018)
- 24 months (for upgrades completed before January 1, 2018)
Energy Loan Eligible?
- Yes. Click here for details.
- Find a Residential Registered Vendor
- Decide on upgrade details
- Arrange for financing (optional)
- Complete the upgrade
- Submit the Rebate Claim Form
- Rebate check will be mailed in 6 weeks
Terms and Conditions
Only one rebate will be paid for any given upgrade. The Registered Vendor must be paid in advance of claiming rebate if the homeowner is the rebate recipient. Efficiency Maine does not warrant the performance of installed equipment. Program is subject to change without notice. Incomplete information may delay or disqualify your rebate.