Biomass boilers and furnaces are heating systems that use a local, renewable fuel. A biomass boiler or furnace burns pellets or cordwood and is connected to a heating distribution system. They operate like conventional central heating systems. Click here for more information on this technology. Click here to find a contractor near you.
- 1/3 of project costs up to $6,000 rebate
- Any home or business
- Must be on Efficiency Maine’s list of rebate-eligible biomass boilers and furnaces
- Has enough capacity for at least 2 weeks of unattended operation
- Any home or business in Maine
- Lifetime limit is one biomass boiler/furnace rebate per building
Rebate claim form emailed or postmarked within six months of project completion
Energy Loan Eligible?
- Yes, for homes but not businesses. Click here for details.
How to Get a Rebate
- Hire a Residential Registered Vendor
- Review financing opportunities (optional)
- Complete upgrade
- Submit rebate claim form
- Receive rebate check in mail
Terms and Conditions
Only one rebate will be paid for any given upgrade. Efficiency Maine does not warrant the performance of rebated upgrade. Program and incentives subject to change or termination. Please allow six weeks for rebate processing. Incomplete information may delay or disqualify your rebate. Efficiency Maine reserves the right to verify installation and perform an inspection.