Biomass boilers and furnaces are heating systems that use a local, renewable fuel. A biomass boiler or furnace burns pellets or cordwood and is connected to a heating distribution system. They operate like conventional central heating systems. Click here for more information on this technology.
- 1/3 of project costs up to $6,000
- Homeowners of any income
- Must be on Efficiency Maine’s list of rebate-eligible biomass boilers and furnaces
- Has enough capacity for at least 2 weeks of unattended operation
- 1- to 4-unit residential building. For larger buildings, see Commercial Programs.
- Building is principal, year-round residence for occupants, NOT a seasonal, second, or vacation home
- Installed in primary living area, not a garage or outbuilding
- Located in Maine
- Lifetime limit of one biomass boiler or furnace rebate per dwelling
- Upgrades completed within the last 12 months
Energy Loan Eligible?
- Yes. Click here for details.
- Find a Residential Registered Vendor
- Decide on upgrade details
- Arrange for financing (optional)
- Complete the upgrade
- Submit the Rebate Claim Form
- Allow 6 weeks for rebate processing
Terms and Conditions
Only one rebate will be paid for any given upgrade. The Residential Registered Vendor must be paid in advance of claiming rebate if the homeowner is the rebate recipient. Efficiency Maine does not warrant the performance of installed equipment. Program and incentives subject to change or termination. Consult this web page for up-to-date rebate amounts and program terms. Please allow six weeks for rebate processing. Incomplete information may delay or disqualify your rebate.