In addition to other Efficiency Maine rebates and financing, customers of Maine Natural Gas, Bangor Natural Gas, or Unitil who use natural gas to heat their domestic hot water are also eligible for a $300 rebate on on-demand natural gas water heaters.
- Homeowners of any income
- Customers of Maine Natural Gas, Bangor Natural Gas, or Unitil using natural gas to heat their domestic hot water
- Energy Factor (EF) or Universal Energy Factor (UEF) of at least 0.82, according to AHRI or ENERGY STAR
- 1- to 4-unit residential building. For larger buildings, see Commercial Programs.
- Building is principal, year-round residence for occupants, NOT a seasonal, second, or vacation home
- Located in Maine
- Lifetime limit of one natural gas water heater rebate per dwelling
- Upgrades completed within the last:
- 12 months (for upgrades completed on or after January 1, 2018)
- 24 months (for upgrades completed before January 1, 2018)
Energy Loan Eligible?
- Yes. Click here for more details.
- Find a Residential Registered Vendor
- Decide on upgrade details
- Arrange for financing (optional)
- Complete the upgrade
- Submit the Rebate Claim Form
- Allow 6 weeks for rebate processing
Terms and Conditions
The Registered Vendor must be paid in advance of claiming rebate if the homeowner is the rebate recipient. Efficiency Maine does not warrant the performance of installed equipment. Program and incentives subject to change or termination. Consult Efficiency Maine website to confirm current program terms, rebate availability, and forms. Must use current rebate form at time of submission. Incomplete information may delay or disqualify your rebate.