- This event has passed.
RGGI Funding Stakeholder Workshop
July 11, 2013 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Pursuant to a new law passed by the Legislature, Efficiency Maine will be allocating 35% of its revenues from the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI) to programs that will reduce home heating demand, lower costs and decrease greenhouse gas emissions.
On Thursday, July 11, from 9 AM-12 Noon, Efficiency Maine will be holding the first in a series of open workshops for interested stakeholders to discuss program design options for the use of these funds.
Thursday, July 11, from 9 AM – 12 noon
Venue: U Maine at Augusta (Bennett D. Katz Library Lower level, Room 5, 46 University Drive ) http://www.uma.edu/augustacampus.html
If you can’t attend in Augusta, the discussion will also be cablecast live, with two-way video and audio, at two locations:
- University of Maine at Orono Room 126, Barrows Hall http://www.umaine.edu/about/driving-directions/ http://umaine.edu/locator/files/2009/05/2013-Map.pdf
- University of Southern Maine Room 133, Wishcamper Building, Portland) http://www.usm.maine.edu/about/directions-portland-campus
You must be present at one of these two locations in order to see or hear the cablecast and to share your comments and questions with us.
If you intend to attend Workshop 1, please send an email to Karen at Karen.Bickerman@efficiencymaine.com and let her know whether you will be attending the Augusta, Orono or Portland venue.
Agenda for Workshop 1 (9-12)
- Welcome and Introductions
- RGGI Statute
- Amendments to Statute re: Residential Heating
- Analysis and Discussion of Key Criteria
- Benefit-to-Cost Ratios
- Lower Heating Energy Costs
- Greenhouse Gas Savings per Trust Fund Cost
- Group Discussion About Other Criteria, Considerations
- Building Envelope Measures (Air Sealing and Insulation)
- Baseline Data from Maine Homes
- Program Description
- Recent Program Results