- Defined as basement, crawlspace or other unconditioned space directly below a conditioned living area.
- Basement must be air sealed prior to or as part of insulating the basement. This includes all penetrations between the basement and the first floor.
- Upgraded by insulating:
- Basement or crawlspace ceiling with either dense-pack insulation or minimum 2” of foam
- Sill plate and rim joist areas with minimum 2” rigid or closed-cell spray foam.
- Batt insulation not eligible for incentives
- Code-approved fire protection was added to foam insulation when applicable