Efficiency Maine Presents Awards to Contractors, Customers
(AUGUSTA) – Efficiency Maine recently recognized a number of its customers and business partners at an awards ceremony in Lewiston.
The companies were recognized at Efficiency Maine’s Annual Dinner and Awards Celebration, which took place Oct. 20 at the Ramada Conference Center in Lewiston.
A number of “Qualified Partners” received awards for their efforts in saving their clients energy and money. Qualified Partners are experienced vendors, contractors, suppliers and other professionals who supply or install energy-efficient equipment, receive training from Efficiency Maine, and are familiar with Efficiency Maine’s business incentive programs.
Qualified Partner Awards were presented to the following companies:
- The Largest Lighting Project award was presented to Horizon Solutions of Bangor for its work on Proctor & Gamble’s Tambrands facility.
- Trask Decrow Machinery of Scarborough was honored with the Largest Mechanical Project award for a custom compressed air project at the Nestle Waters North America/Poland Springs operation.
- The Contractor of the Year award was presented to Winthrop-based Kaplan Electrical Construction, which completed 28 lighting projects with Efficiency Maine.
- The Supplier of the Year award was presented to Portland-based Graybar Electric Supply, in part for completing 155 projects through Efficiency Maine and for introducing new LED applications.
- The Qualified Partner of the Year award was presented to Energy Management Consultants of South Portland, which completed numerous lighting projects with Efficiency Maine and resulted in saving 3 million kWh over the past year.
Expanding its recognition of businesses that helped to make this year’s efficiency programs sucessful , Efficiency Maine added three new awards :
- The first annual Customer of the Year award was presented to Maine Medical Center for various energy efficiency measures, including the installation of LED lighting at its main parking garage and for completing custom HVAC – chiller system upgrades.
- The first annual Retailer of the Year award was presented to The Home Depot, which was the top retailer in Efficiency Maine’s Lighting Program. The Home Depot sold more compact fluorescent bulbs than any other retailer in the state.
- The Participating Energy Advisor of the Year award was given to Horizon Residential Energy Services of Maine LLC, which provided energy audits and guidance that led to 189 homeowners weatherizing their homes through Efficiency Maine’s Home Energy Savings Program.
The annual Philip C. Hastings Award recognizing extraordinary commitment to energy efficiency was presented to the Sustain Mid-Maine Coalition. Sustain Mid Maine is a grassroots initiative created to conserve resources, sustain a healthy environment, and promote economic prosperity for the Mid-Maine region.
The coalition created a program to inform, consult and promote energy audits and home weatherizations in Waterville and Winslow. As of Sept 30th, they conducted 245 in-home consultations, and 99 audits resulting in 80 weatherizations. These efforts are expected to save over 50,000 gallons of heating fuel per year.
The Philip C. Hastings Award recognizes an individual or organization whose exemplary efforts have furthered Maine’s goals of achieving maximum energy efficiency. The Hastings Award is named after Efficiency Maine’s founding director, and celebrates his legacy by memorializing his extraordinary commitment to energy efficiency and leadership.
Efficiency Maine is an independent trust dedicated to promoting the more efficient and cost-effective use of energy in order to save money for Maine residents and businesses, grow the economy, and create jobs. For more information, visit www.EfficiencyMaine.com or call 1-866-376-2463.