Get an Assessment or Heating Upgrade Quote…Then Upgrade and Weatherize!
Simply follow the steps below to start saving money:
1. CHECK YOUR PROJECT OPTIONS AND FINANCING ELIGIBILITY
- Energy Loan Comparison Chart
- Minimum Scope of Work Form
- All Maine communities are eligible for Energy Loans!
- List of municipalities that qualify for a PACE Loan
2. SCHEDULE AN ENERGY ASSESSMENT OR HEATING SYSTEM CONSULTATION
- Find an energy service contractor or Participating Energy Advisor on the Residential Registered Vendor Locator Tool.
- Ask your Vendor about the Home Energy Savings Program Incentives and about the most popular projects.
- Determine your scope of work with at least one HESP Rebate Menu measure.
- Get pre-approved by completing your loan application online
- Energy Assessments are always recommended with incentives available help cover much of the cost of an energy assessment with basic air sealing services.
- Energy Assessments are no longer required for financing projects with eligible heating systems. See scope of work form for details.
- Scope of Work Form and quotes for all project components to be financed must be submitted before project loan can be finalized.
3. MAKE HOME ENERGY UPGRADES
- After your financing is approved and you have signed provided loan documents, proceed with your project with selected contractors.
- Once the project is completed to your satisfaction, sign completion forms to release loan funds to contractors.
- Send in HESP rebate claim form with second copy of invoices for project components eligible for rebates.
4. ENJOY THE BENEFITS
- Stay warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
- Increase home comfort.
- Save energy and money for the life of your home.