Heat Pump Water Heater Incentives
Pay as little as $429
Tens of thousands of Mainers own heat pump water heaters. They’re popular because they produce lots of hot water, help dehumidify, and can save more than $500 per year in electricity.* Click here to learn more about this technology.
Efficiency Maine offers five ways to take advantage of our heat pump water heater incentives on qualifying units:
- $429 after instant discount at Granite Group.**
- $449 after instant discount or mail-in rebate at Lowe’s.**
- $549 after instant discount or mail-in rebate at Home Depot.**
- Participating distributors offer an instant discount to contractors.
- Heat pump water heaters purchased anywhere else qualify for an $850 mail-in rebate.
Click here for a list of the best prices in Maine.
*Compared to a traditional electric water heater as shown on Efficiency Maine’s Compare Water Heating Costs calculator as of 5/18/2023. Your results may differ.
**Prices of 50-gallon heat pump water heaters as of 5/18/2023. To get an instant discount at Lowe’s or Home Depot, scan in-store QR code or follow the link listed on the in-store displays.
- If using mail-in rebate form, it must be emailed or postmarked within six months of purchase and a copy of receipt/invoice from retailer or wholesaler (not installer) showing purchase date, price, and model number must be attached.
- New and installed in Maine
- ENERGY STAR® certified
- Unit does not need to be installed by a Residential Registered Vendor unless funded by an Efficiency Maine Home Energy Loan.
- W-9 needed if mail-in rebate is for a business
Terms and Conditions
Instant discounts cannot be combined with mail-in rebates. One heat pump water heater rebate or instant discount per installation address per calendar year. Incentive not to exceed purchase price. Instant discount only valid at participating distributors and retailers. Unit must be new and installed in Maine. Efficiency Maine does not warrant product performance. Program is subject to change or termination without notice. Incomplete information may delay or disqualify your rebate.