Pay as little as $379
Tens of thousands of Mainers own heat pump water heaters. They’re popular because they produce lots of hot water, can save more than $3,500 over their ten-year life, and help to dehumidify. Click here to learn more about this technology.
Efficiency Maine offers two ways to take advantage of our heat pump water heater incentives:
- $850 instant discount for plumbers at participating distributors.
- $850 mail-in rebate for units purchased without our instant discount.
Click here for a list of the best heat pump water heater prices in Maine.
- Unit must be purchased July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022 and while funds are available.
- If using mail-in rebate form, it must be emailed or postmarked within 90 days of purchase and a copy of receipt/invoice from retailer or wholesaler (not installer) showing purchase date and either model number or part number must be attached.
- Unit must be installed in Maine.
- Unit must be ENERGY STAR® certified.
- Unit does not need to be installed by a Residential Registered Vendor unless funded by an Efficiency Maine Home Energy Loan.
- Unit must be new, but may be purchased anywhere.
- W-9 needed if rebate is for a business.
Terms and Conditions
Instant discounts cannot be combined with mail-in rebates. One heat pump water heater rebate or instant discount per installation address per calendar year. Incentive not to exceed purchase price. Instant discount only valid at participating distributors. Efficiency Maine does not warrant product performance. Program is subject to change or termination without notice. Incomplete information may delay or disqualify your rebate. Please allow six weeks for mail-in rebate processing.