Pay as little as $599
Tens of thousands of Mainers own heat pump water heaters. They’re popular because they produce lots of hot water, help dehumidify, and can save more than $5,000 over their 10-year life.* Click here to learn more about this technology.
Efficiency Maine offers five ways to take advantage of our heat pump water heater incentives on qualifying units:
- $599 purchase price after instant discount at Granite Group.**
- $749 purchase price after instant discount at Lowe’s.**
- $849 purchase price after instant discount at Home Depot.**
- Participating distributors offer an instant discount to contractors.
- Heat pump water heaters purchased without our instant discount qualify for an $850 mail-in rebate.
Click here for a list of the best heat pump water heater prices in Maine.
*Compared to an electric resistance water heater as shown on Efficiency Maine’s Compare Water Heating Costs calculator as of 9/8/2022. Your results may differ.
**Prices as of 9/15/2022
- Purchased by June 30, 2023
- If using mail-in rebate form, it must be emailed or postmarked within 90 days of purchase and a copy of receipt/invoice from retailer or wholesaler (not installer) showing purchase date and either model number or part number must be attached.
- New and installed in Maine
- ENERGY STAR® certified
- Unit does not need to be installed by a Residential Registered Vendor unless funded by an Efficiency Maine Home Energy Loan.
- W-9 needed if rebate is for a business
Terms and Conditions
Instant discounts cannot be combined with mail-in rebates. One heat pump water heater rebate or instant discount per installation address per calendar year. Incentive not to exceed purchase price. Instant discount only valid at participating distributors and retailers. Unit must be new and installed in Maine. Efficiency Maine does not warrant product performance. Program is subject to change or termination without notice. Incomplete information may delay or disqualify your rebate.