Pay as little as $399
Tens of thousands of Mainers own heat pump water heaters. They’re popular because they produce lots of hot water, can save more than $3,500 over their ten-year life, and help to dehumidify. Click here to learn more about this technology.
Efficiency Maine offers three ways to take advantage of our heat pump water heater incentives:
- $500 instant discount at time of purchase at participating retailers. To get your instant discount barcode click here.
- $750 instant discount for plumbers at participating distributors.
- $750 mail-in rebate for units purchased without our instant discount.
Click here for a list of the best heat pump water heater prices in Maine.
- Unit must be purchased January 1, 2021 – June 30, 2021 and while funds are available.
- If using mail-in rebate form, it must be postmarked or emailed by July 31, 2021 and a copy of receipt/invoice from retailer or wholesaler (not installer) showing purchase date and either model number or part number must be attached.
- Unit must be installed in Maine.
- Unit must be ENERGY STAR® certified.
- Unit does not need to be installed by a Registered Vendor unless the upgrade is being included as part of a Home Energy Loan.
- Unit must be new, but may be purchased anywhere.
Terms and Conditions
Instant discounts cannot be combined with mail-in rebates. One heat pump water heater rebate or instant discount per installation address per calendar year. Incentive not to exceed purchase price. Instant discount only valid at participating retailers and distributors. Mail-in rebate applicable to units purchased anywhere. Unit must be new and installed in Maine. Efficiency Maine does not warrant product performance. Program is subject to change or termination without notice. Incomplete information may delay or disqualify your rebate. Unit must be purchased between 1/1/2021 and 6/30/2021. Unit must be ENERGY STAR certified. Please allow six weeks for mail-in rebate processing.