Over ten thousand Mainers use heat pump water heaters. ENERGY STAR® reports that these high-efficiency units can save a four-person household more than $3,000 over ten years when compared to electric water heaters. Other benefits include long warranties and the ability to dehumidify. Learn more about this technology.
Efficiency Maine offers two ways to take advantage of our heat pump water heater rebate:
- Units purchased without our instant rebate qualify for a $750 mail-in rebate.
- Participating distributors can discount units $600 to plumbers using our instant rebate.
- Unit must be purchased July 1, 2017 – March 31, 2018, and while funds are available.
- Unit must be installed in Maine.
- Unit must be ENERGY STAR® certified.
- Unit does not need to be installed by a licensed plumber or Registered Vendor.
Terms and Conditions
One heat pump water heater rebate per customer address per calendar year. Rebate not to exceed total purchase price. Mail-in rebate is not available if distributor instant rebate has already been received on the unit. Efficiency Maine does not warrant the performance of installed equipment. Program is subject to change without notice. Please allow six weeks for rebate processing. Incomplete information may delay or disqualify your rebate.