Pay as little as $249
Tens of thousands of Mainers own heat pump water heaters. They’re popular because they produce lots of hot water, can save more than $3,000 over their ten-year life, and help dehumidify. Click here to learn more about this technology.
Efficiency Maine offers three ways to take advantage of our heat pump water heater incentives on qualifying units:
- Participating retailers offer an $850 instant discount at the time of purchase to customers presenting an Efficiency Maine instant discount barcode. Click here for an instant discount barcode.
- Participating distributors can offer an $850 Efficiency Maine instant discount.
- Units purchased without our instant discount qualify for a $750 mail-in rebate
Click here for a list of the best heat pump water heater prices in Maine.
- Unit must be purchased July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021, and while funds are available.
- Mail-in rebate form must be postmarked or emailed by July 31, 2021.
- Unit must be installed in Maine.
- Unit must be ENERGY STAR® certified.
- Copy of receipt/invoice from retailer or wholesaler (not installer) showing purchase date and either model number or part number must be attached to mail-in rebate claim form.
- Unit does not need to be installed by a Registered Vendor unless the upgrade is being included as part of a Home Energy Loan.
- Unit must be new, but may be purchased anywhere.