$750 Rebate When You Buy a New, Efficient Water Heater
Each year, thousands of Mainers buy heat pump water heaters. ENERGY STAR® reports that these high-efficiency units can save a four-person household more than $3,000 over ten years when compared to electric water heaters. Other benefits include long warranties and the ability to dehumidify.
Efficiency Maine offers two ways to take advantage of our heat pump water heater rebate:
- Units purchased without our instant rebate qualify for a $750 mail-in rebate.
- Participating distributors can discount units $750 to plumbers using our instant rebate.
- Heat pump water heaters can save more than $3,000 over the life of the unit compared to electric water heaters.*
- They typically have 10+ year warranties.
- They dehumidify the space they are in.**
*Source: energystar.gov accessed 10/26/18
**Heat pump water heaters complement but do not replace dehumidifiers, because they operate based on hot water demand instead of humidity levels.