Background of Whole-Home Heat Pump Solutions Pilot
Efficiency Maine’s Innovation Program is exploring the use of whole-home heat pump systems as a replacement for fossil fuel-fired furnaces. In phase 1 of the pilot, Efficiency Maine subsidized 100% of the cost of retrofitting a small group of both stick-built and manufactured homes. Preliminary results show that these systems continue to perform well on the coldest days of the year, and that participants are satisfied and comfortable. In phase 2 of the pilot, the objective was to expand the sample size, focusing on manufactured homes specifically. Phase 2 also tested the use of a lease mechanism for customer co-pays. Efficiency Maine is now launching Phase 3.
Current Offering: Manufactured Home Heat Pump Lease
Phase 3 of the pilot offers 80% off the cost of ducted whole-home heat pumps to homeowners in manufactured homes. Participation in the pilot is by invitation only. Participants of phase 3 of the pilot will be provided manufactured home heat pump leases to afford the remaining 20% of project costs after the rebate. Participants will lease the equipment either with:
- one up-front payment of $2000, or;
- 50 monthly payments of $50.
After the payment obligations have been completed, the participant will have the option to purchase the equipment for $1. Additionally, Efficiency Maine will fully warranty the working operation of the heat pump during this lease period.
Phase 3 of the pilot is open to a maximum of 100 participants.
To get started, please visit the Whole-Home Heat Pump Solutions for Manufactured Homes Pilot webpage.
To track updates to these finance initiatives, please subscribe to the “Green Bank News and Updates” list here.