There’s a lot of information available about electric vehicles (EVs), EV charging, and state and national programs and initiatives. The following lists provide useful information on electric vehicles (EVs), EV charging, and state and other resources.
Electric Vehicle Information
- Alternative Fuel Data Center Vehicle Cost Calculator: Information on using electricity as a vehicle fuel, charging station availability and the costs related to charging your EV.
- Clean Cities Plug-in Handbook for Consumers: Read a comprehensive handbook on making the switch from a conventional vehicle to an electric vehicle.
- Plug-in America: Additional information and resources about EV ownership and driving.
- Plug-in Electric Vehicle Handbook for Fleet Managers: Resource from the U.S. Department of Energy.
EV Charging Information
- Alternative Fuel Data Center Station Locator: Information on using electricity as a vehicle fuel, charging station availability and the costs related to charging your EV.
- Plugshare: Maps of existing EV charging locations in Maine.
- US Department of Energy Electric Vehicle Charging Information Site: Information on electric vehicles, charging, case studies and more.
- US Department of Energy’s EV Everywhere Workplace Charging Information: resources for workplaces considering EV charging.
EV Charger Installation Information
- Costs Associated with Non-Residential Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment: Report from the U.S. Department of Energy.
- EV Charging Equipment Suppliers: These businesses sell electric vehicle charging equipment for residential and commercial use.
- Installers of Level 2 EV Chargers: These companies have experience installing level 2 electric vehicle charging equipment in Maine.
- Project Management Assistance for EV Charger Installation: These organizations provide free advice and project management services for the installation of public Level 2 charging projects.
- Qualified Partners: Find an Efficiency Maine Qualified Partner near you with experience installing Level 2 chargers. Select “Electric Vehicle Chargers” on the list of service options.
- Qualified Partner Application: Companies with experience installing Level 2 electric vehicle chargers can apply to be an Efficiency Maine Qualified Partner.
- Service Provider Application: Interested in being listed on Efficiency Maine’s website as a provider of EV charging system services? Please submit a completed application.
- Efficiency Maine’s Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment Working Plan (Updated 1-08-20): An overview of the initiative’s goals, markets served, timeline, etc.
- Electric Vehicle Charging Initiative Stakeholder List
- Maine Beneficiary Mitigation Plan: Charging infrastructure development funded by the VW Environmental Mitigation Trust pursuant to the State of Maine’s Beneficiary Mitigation Plan, as proposed by the Maine Department of Transportation.
- Maine Department of Transportation: Information on funding for other Maine VW Environmental Mitigation Settlement projects, including fleet upgrades for buses, trucks, and other vehicles.