Efficiency Maine offers free heat pump water heaters, including installation, to eligible Mainers.
- Participates in one of the following eligibility options:
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) for food assistance
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) for cash assistance
- MaineCare for medical insurance coverage
- Home requirements*:
- Basement space with a 6-foot ceiling
- Water heater in the basement
*Mobile homes or homes on a slab foundation do not qualify
- Click here to find out if you’re eligible.
- If eligible, call (866) 376-2463 to get assigned to a participating installer.
Click here to learn more about this technology.
For more information, please contact Efficiency Maine.
Terms and Conditions
Measures installed through this program are not eligible for any other Efficiency Maine incentives. Program and incentives subject to change or termination. Consult Efficiency Maine website to confirm current program terms, rebate availability, and forms.