EFFICIENCY MAINE BUSINESS PROGRAM
Horticultural Lighting and Dehumidification Project Eligibility
- . Indoor cannabis cultivation for flower rooms with non-tiered grow systems and vegetative rooms with non-tiered or tiered grow systems.
- Limited to facilities not using central plant systems (i.e. chilled water systems, water source heat pump systems or large multi-zone direct
expansion systems with four-pipe air handling units).
- Eligible facilities must have in-space standalone dehumidifiers selected to provide all required dehumidification.
- . Eligibility is limited to non-residential facilities, including structures on a residential property that are separate from the residential building. Grow
operations within an attached or detached structure, i.e. garage, barn, of a residential building must be conditioned separately from the
residential space and served by a commercial meter. Living spaces including basements and attics of a residential building are not eligible.
- LED lighting products must have a current listing on the DesignLights Consortium Qualified Products List in Horticultural Lighting.
- All projects require pre-approval prior to the purchase of any lighting fixtures or dehumidification units. Submit application along with all material
and installation quotes to CIP@efficiencymaine.com. Quotes must list make and model of equipment and cost per fixture
- Please provide applicable license information. For recreational/adult use cultivators, we will verify the company name with the Maine OCP’s
license search engine at https://www.maine.gov/dafs/ocp/open-data/adult-use. The details should match the submitted documents; size and
location, and a have an Active or Conditional status. For medicinal operations, we require copies of all medical caregiver cultivation licenses
(front and back of card) associated with the facility and verify that the submitted canopy area or plant counts do not exceed the listed
parameters on the license(s).
- For New Construction and Refit projects, proof of municipal approval for cannabis cultivation is required before incentive payment. Please
provide evidence, such as an approved site plan, that the facility is approved to operate within the municipality. Recreational/adult use
cultivators with an Active or Conditional, Jurisdiction Approved status do not need to supply additional evidence.
- For New Construction and Refit projects, please provide a copy of the electrical permit, certificate of occupancy, or name and master electrician
license for the individual responsible for the electrical work. This information will be required before incentive payment.
How to Apply:
Please download and complete the Horticultural Lighting and Dehumidification Project Application in full, after reading the Term and Conditions. To submit your application, use the “Select Files” upload function below. You must then use the “Submit” button at the bottom of the page.
Click Here to download the Horticultural Lighting and Dehumidification Project Application.
- Terms and Conditions:
By clicking the “Submit” button below, I represent and warrant that (i) I am duly authorized to submit this Application on behalf of the Applicant; (ii) the information provided in this Application and any other related documents delivered to Efficiency Maine, is true, accurate and complete; (iii) I have read this Application in its entirety; and (iv) I understand and accept the terms and conditions contained in this Application. I further understand and accept that the approval or rejection of the Application is in the sole discretion of Efficiency Maine and that only upon receipt of any program-specific Application Approval Notice will Applicant be a Partner of Efficiency Maine.