When properly installed and operated, modern, high-efficiency heat pumps can provide heat very cost-effectively, even through the coldest winter months. Thousands of satisfied Mainers already enjoy the benefits and savings that heat pumps provide. More information about the benefits of heat pumps and tips on how to operate them can be found here.
- $2,000 for first eligible heat pump
- Up to $400 for second eligible heat pump
- Owner occupied single-family home
- Must be first heat pump at residence
- Home does not have natural gas utility account
- Home will not receive any heat pump through the Maine State Housing Authority
- Participates in one of the following eligibility options. Click here to find out if you’re eligible.
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). Efficiency Maine encourages LIHEAP households to check with Maine Housing regarding the possibility of qualifying for an installation that covers all costs.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) for food assistance
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) for cash assistance
- MaineCare for medical insurance coverage
- Meets town’s tax assessed property value requirements below (building and land combined before exemptions).
Maximum Town Tax Assessed Property Values
Aroostook, Somerset, Washington, and Piscataquis
Franklin, Oxford, and Penobscot
Androscoggin, Kennebec, and Waldo
Sagadahoc, Knox, Hancock, Lincoln, York, and Cumberland
- HSPF, according to AHRI, of 13.0 or higher (HSPF of 12.5 or greater allowed until further notice)
- Rebated heat pumps used throughout entire heating season
An installer reservation is required before work begins. Click here to find a contractor near you.
- Installed according to the Residential Heat Pump Installation Requirements Checklist
How to Get a Rebate:
- Verify eligibility
- Hire a Residential Registered Vendor
- Residential Registered Vendor submits reservation
- Complete upgrade
- Customer pays copay
- Residential Registered Vendor submits rebate claim form and receives payment
Terms and Conditions
Measures installed through this program are not eligible for any other Efficiency Maine incentives. Program and incentives subject to change or termination. Consult Efficiency Maine website to confirm current program terms, rebate availability, and forms.
Installers can download the reservation form here.
Installers can download a program claim form here.