When properly installed and operated, modern, high-efficiency ductless heat pumps can provide heat very cost-effectively, even through the coldest winter months. Thousands of satisfied Mainers already enjoy the benefits and savings that ductless heat pumps provide. More information about the benefits of ductless heat pumps and tips on how to operate them can be found here.
An installer reservation is required before work begins. Click here to find a contractor near you.
- $2,000 for first eligible heat pump
- Up to $400 for second eligible heat pump
- Owner occupied single-family home
- Must be first heat pump at residence
- Home will not receive any ductless heat pump through the Maine State Housing Authority
- Home does not have natural gas utility account
- Owner participates in LIHEAP or meets assessed home value requirements below (building and land combined before exemptions). Efficiency Maine encourages LIHEAP households to check with Maine Housing regarding the possibility of qualifying for an installation that covers all costs.
Maximum Assessed Property Values
Aroostook, Somerset, Washington, and Piscataquis
Franklin, Oxford, and Penobscot
Androscoggin, Kennebec, and Waldo
Sagadahoc, Knox, Hancock, Lincoln, York, and Cumberland
Ductless Heat Pump
- HSPF, according to AHRI, of 13.0 or higher (HSPF of 12.5 or greater allowed until further notice)
- Mini-split heat pump with a single outdoor unit and a single indoor wall unit
- Residential Registered Vendor for heat pumps
- Installed according to the Ductless Heat Pump Installation Requirements Checklist
- Reservation required for the installer, please contact Lii@efficiencymaine.com. Or call 866-376-2463.
Terms and Conditions
Measures installed through this program are not eligible for any other Efficiency Maine incentives. Program and incentives subject to change or termination. Consult Efficiency Maine website to confirm current program terms, rebate availability, and forms.
Installers can download the reservation form here.
For more information on heat pumps, click here.
To download a program claim form, click here.