When properly installed and operated, modern, high-efficiency ductless heat pumps can provide heat very cost-effectively, even through the coldest winter months. Thousands of satisfied Mainers already enjoy the benefits and savings that ductless heat pumps provide. More information about the benefits of ductless heat pumps and tips on how to operate them can be found here.
An installer reservation is required before work begins.
- $2,000 for first eligible heat pump
- Up to $500 for second eligible heat pump
- Participant owns the home
- Participant resides full time in the home
- Participant participates in LIHEAP or meets assessed home value requirements below (building and land combined before exemptions)
- No ductless heat pump already exists in the home
- Home will not receive any ductless heat pump through the Maine State Housing Authority
- No natural gas account is associated with the home
Low Assessed Value Home Caps
Aroostook, Somerset, Washington, and Piscataquis
Franklin, Oxford, and Penobscot
Androscoggin, Kennebec, and Waldo
Sagadahoc, Knox, Hancock, Lincoln, York, and Cumberland
Ductless Heat Pump
- HSPF, according to AHRI, of 13.0 or higher. Click here for commonly rebated models
- Mini-split heat pump with a single outdoor unit and a single indoor wall unit
- Residential Registered Vendor for heat pumps
- Installed according to the Ductless Heat Pump Installation Requirements Checklist
- Reservation required for the installer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Or call 866-376-2463.
Terms and Conditions
Measures installed through this program are not eligible for any other Efficiency Maine incentives. Program and incentives subject to change or termination. Consult Efficiency Maine website to confirm current program terms, rebate availability, and forms.
Installers can download the reservation form here.
For more information on heat pumps, click here.
To download a program claim form, click here.