When properly installed and operated, modern, high-efficiency ductless heat pumps can provide heat very cost-effectively, even through the coldest winter months. Thousands of satisfied Mainers already enjoy the benefits and savings that ductless heat pumps provide! More information about the benefits of ductless heat pumps and tips on how to operate them can be found here.
The Affordable Heat Initiative provides:
A $2,000 rebate if the homeowner receives heating assistance through LIHEAP.
Homeowner must provide proof of eligibility for the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
A $1,500 rebate if the home’s assessed value is below the county maximum (building and land combined before exemptions. See table below)
- Participant owns the home
- Participant resides full time in the home
- No ductless heat pump already exists in the home
- Home will not receive any ductless heat pump through the Maine State Housing Authority
- No natural gas account is associated with the home
Combined Building and Land Assessed Value
Ductless Heat Pump
- Minimum efficiency (HSPF, according to AHRI) of 13.0. Click here for commonly rebated models
- Mini-split heat pump with a single outdoor unit and a single indoor wall unit
- Residential Registered Vendor for heat pumps
- Installed according to the Ductless Heat Pump Installation Requirements Checklist
- Reservation required for the installer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Or call 866-376-2463.
Terms and Conditions
Measures installed through this program are not eligible for any other Efficiency Maine incentives. Program and incentives subject to change or termination. Consult Efficiency Maine website to confirm current program terms, rebate availability, and forms.
For more information about how installers secure a reservation click here.
For more information on heat pumps, click here.
To download a program claim form, click here.