Philip C. Hastings Award 2011
Philip C. Hastings, the Founding Director of Efficiency Maine will be remembered for his extraordinary patience, sharp intelligence, and dedication to energy efficiency. To honor his memory, the Philip C. Hastings Award recognizes the individual or organization whose exemplary efforts have furthered Maine’s goals of energy efficiency and environmental enhancement.
Criteria for award
Nominees for the Philip C. Hastings Award should meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrated extraordinary support for Efficiency Maine. This demonstration could take multiple forms such as promotion of the program among peers, public support of the program through the media, or support before the legislature.
- Advanced the mission and principles of Efficiency Maine and its goals which include: increasing consumer awareness of energy efficiency; creating favorable market conditions for efficient products or services, promoting sustainable economic development and reduced environmental damage.
- Provided superior service or support to Maine’s energy efficiency community.
- Made a positive impact by leading their profession or industry towards more rapid adoption of energy efficient practices or technologies.
- 2005 Associated Grocers of Maine
- 2006 Linda Viens
- 2007 Nancy Chandler
- 2008 Hancock Lumber
- 2010 Westbrook School Department
Nomination Process and Schedule
Members of the public are encouraged to submit nomination applications. Applications will be reviewed by a committee comprised of Efficiency Maine staff and trustees. The Selection Committee can not submit nominations.
- Nomination applications available to the public: Friday, April 15, 2011
- Nomination application deadline: Friday, May 13, 2011
- Awards Presentation: June 2011, Augusta, Maine
Nominations forms should be completed and returned to Paul Badeau at email@example.com or Efficiency Maine, c/o Paul Badeau, 18 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-0019.