For Maine Natural Gas Residential Customers
According to ENERGY STAR®, a smart thermostat can reduce heating system run-time by 8% or more.*
Maine Natural Gas residential customers are eligible for a rebate up to $200 toward the cost of an installed smart thermostat.
* Source: energystar.gov accessed 11/1/2021
All funding has been reserved as of 1/27/2022. Non-expired reservations will still be honored.
- Smart thermostat must be:
- ENERGY STAR certified
- purchased November 1, 2021 – June 15, 2022, and while rebate funding is available
- installed in a Maine home served by Maine Natural Gas
- By June 15, 2022 email us photos (PDF or JPEG format) of:
- your claim form
- your receipt dated November 1, 2021 – June 15, 2022
- the installed thermostat
- Click here for a list of ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostats
- Click here to learn more about smart thermostats
Terms and Conditions
One smart thermostat rebate per residential utility account number. Past natural gas smart thermostat program participants are not eligible. Rebate not to exceed total purchase price. Unit must be new but may be purchased anywhere as long as it is installed in an eligible home. Efficiency Maine does not warrant product performance. Program is subject to change without notice. Incomplete information may delay or disqualify your rebate. Offer is not transferable. By submitting a claim form, you agree to allow Efficiency Maine to verify installation and contact you about your experience with the product. Please allow six weeks for rebate processing.