Save Energy — Save Money
- The Multifamily Efficiency Program offers building owners incentives to install energy efficiency measures in Maine’s multifamily buildings.
- All multifamily buildings with 5 or more apartments per building are eligible to participate.
- All income levels, including affordable housing units and market rate units, can participate.
- The Program is not restricted by fuel type. Buildings that use various fuel types – including but not limited to electricity, natural gas, oil and propane – may participate.
- Multifamily Efficiency Program incentives cannot be combined with incentives or rebates from other Efficiency Maine programs.
Two Paths to Efficiency
The Multifamily Efficiency Program provides two options for participation. Click the icons below to find out which option is best for you.
Prescriptive Path provides up to $1,000 in financial incentives per unit per program year with the installation of your choice of energy saving upgrades.
Free Benchmarking Services Not sure which path to choose? Our no-cost benchmarking services help building owners identify opportunities for improving energy performance and reducing costs.
Learn about incentives for 1-4 unit buildings.