As an Independent Trust, Efficiency Maine’s programs are guided by a Board of Directors, a Triennial Planning Process, Legislation, Agency Rules, and Technical Resource Manuals. More about these guiding policies may be found below.
The Efficiency Maine Trust Act specifies that, every three years, the Trust will prepare a strategic plan and that the Trust’s programs should be administered by the Trust consistent with that plan.
- Triennial Plan of the Efficiency Maine Trust 2011 – 2013
- Triennial Plan of the Efficiency Maine Trust 2014 – 2016
Current chapters of Maine Law that affect the Efficiency Maine Trust:
- Efficiency Maine Trust Act: Maine Statute Title 35-A, Chapter 97: In 2009, The Efficiency Maine Trust—consisting of a nine-person board of directors—was created to administer energy efficiency and alternative energy programs in Maine under the banner of Efficiency Maine.
- Property Assessed Clean Energy: Maine Statute Title 35-A, Chapter 99: In 2010, the legislature passed a law making it possible for a homeowner to receive a loan for home energy savings improvements, and for that loan to be transferred from the first homeowner to a subsequent purchaser of the property.
The regulatory framework in which the Trust operates starts with the statutory provisions outlined above; rules flow from these provisions:
- Chapter 1: Contracting Process for Service Providers and Grant Recipients
- Chapter 2: Administration of Trust, Budgeting, Project Selection Criteria and Procedures, Monitoring and Evaluation Requirements
- Chapter 103: Renewable Resources Fund Regulations: Selection Criteria for Demonstration Projects, Cost-Effectiveness Requirements for Renewable Energy Rebates and Quality Assurance System
- Chapter 110: Property Assessed Clean Energy Program
- Chapter 380: Electric Energy Conservation Programs (PUC)
- Chapter 480: Natural Gas Conservation Program (PUC)
Technical Reference Manuals
The Efficiency Maine Trust Residential and Commercial Technical Reference Manuals (TRMs) provide documentation for the Trust’s calculation of energy and demand savings from energy efficiency measures.
- Commercial/Industrial and Multifamily Technical Reference Manual
- Retail/Residential Technical Reference Manual
To request a hard copy/printed version of any of the PDF documents listed above, please call 1-866-376-2463. Please allow 10 days for delivery from the time of request.