Is Your Business Using Energy Efficiently?
Are you wondering if your business could use energy more efficiently? Efficiency Maine offers financial incentives to reduce the cost of projects that can help you do just that.
Whether its heating solutions or cooling solutions (or both!), Efficiency Maine can help your business save money, increase equipment reliability, and create more comfortable and productive workplaces.
We also have solutions for:
- Lighting and controls – Lighting can be a significant operating expense in existing buildings. Maine businesses can reduce lighting expenses by upgrading to high-efficiency fixtures and installing lighting controls. Lighting control technologies allow building managers to carefully tailor lighting conditions to the requirements of specific spaces. These upgrades can also enhance productivity and improve aesthetics.
- Compressed air – Compressed air is a vital part of industrial operations, including powering pneumatic tools and garage service lifts. It’s often thought of as a “free” source of energy when, in fact, it is one of the least efficient and most expensive in the industry.
- Agriculture – Energy-efficient equipment can help Maine’s agricultural industry save on energy costs, reduce maintenance costs, and improve productivity. Efficiency Maine offers incentives for specialized equipment found in the dairy and potato-growing industries, including milk scroll compressors, dairy vacuum pumps, and potato storage exhaust fans.
- Water heating solutions – Maine businesses can reduce water heating costs by upgrading to high-efficiency water heating systems. Efficiency Maine offers incentives for heat pump water heaters and electronically commutated motor (ECM) circulator pumps. These upgrades can reduce water heating costs.
- Commercial kitchen solutions – Many restaurant, school, and hospital kitchens have opportunities for increased savings through the installation of energy-efficient ventilation.
- Refrigeration – Refrigeration can represent a significant portion of the electric bill for restaurants, groceries and convenience stores. Businesses can save energy and money with incentives provided for refrigeration controls and the purchase of new energy-efficient equipment and retrofits for existing equipment. Businesses can save money by upgrading to high-efficiency display coolers.
Efficiency Maine also offers incentives for more complex facility situations. See this page on our website for more information on these custom applications.
Examples of eligible organizations include:
- businesses, for profit or nonprofit;
- schools and higher education facilities;
- manufacturing and other industrial facilities;
- other non-residential facilities; and
- multifamily and condominium buildings with five or more units. (Multifamily and condominium buildings of four units or less and single-family houses are eligible for incentives through residential programs.)
How can you get started?
Efficiency Maine has partnered with the most experienced vendors, contractors, suppliers and energy professionals in the state to install energy efficiency equipment as our Qualified Partners. You can find a Qualified Partner with our search tool.
Why don’t you check it out and see what Efficiency Maine’s C&I programs can do for your business?