Over ten thousand Mainers use heat pump water heaters. ENERGY STAR® reports that these high-efficiency units can save a four-person household more than $3,000 over ten years when compared to electric water heaters. Other benefits include long warranties and ability to dehumidify. Learn more about this technology.
Efficiency Maine offers two ways to take advantage of our $750 heat pump water heater rebate:
- Participating distributors can discount units $750 to plumbers using our instant rebate.
- Units purchased without our instant rebate qualify for a $750 mail-in rebate.
- Unit must be purchased January 1, 2017 – June 30, 2017, and while funds are available.
- Unit must be installed in Maine.
- Unit must be ENERGY STAR® certified.
- Unit does not need to be installed by a licensed plumber or Registered Vendor.
Terms and Conditions
One heat pump water heater rebate per customer address per calendar year. Rebate not to exceed total purchase price. Mail-in rebate is not available if Efficiency Maine wholesale discount has already been received on the unit. Efficiency Maine does not warrant the performance of installed equipment. Program is subject to change without notice. Please allow six weeks for rebate processing. Incomplete information may delay or disqualify your rebate.