Each year, thousands of Mainers buy heat pump water heaters. ENERGY STAR® reports that these high-efficiency units can save a four-person household more than $3,000 over ten years when compared to electric water heaters. Other benefits include long warranties and the ability to dehumidify.
- Unit must be purchased July 1, 2016 – September 30, 2016, and while funds are available.
- Rebate requests must be postmarked by October 31, 2016.
- Unit must be installed in Maine.
- Unit must be ENERGY STAR® certified.
- A copy of the receipt/invoice showing purchase date and either model number or part number must be attached to the submitted rebate form.
- Heat pump water heater does not need to be installed by a licensed plumber or registered vendor.
Rebate Terms and Conditions
One heat pump water heater rebate per customer address per calendar year. Rebate not to exceed total purchase price. Efficiency Maine does not warrant the performance of installed equipment. Program is subject to change without notice. Please allow six weeks for rebate processing. Incomplete information may delay or disqualify your rebate.