The following lists provide useful information on electric vehicles, charging, and other resources.
Electric Vehicle Information
- Alternative Fuel Data Center Vehicle Cost Calculator: This tool uses basic information about your driving habits to calculate total cost of ownership and emissions for makes and models of most vehicles.
- Clean Cities Plug-in Handbook for Consumers: Read a comprehensive handbook on making the switch from a conventional vehicle to an electric vehicle.
- DOE Fuel Economy: Information and resources about different EV options, range, and fuel economy.
- PlugStar EV Shopping Tool: Compare EV models and find a car that meets your needs and budget.
EV Charging Information
- Alternative Fuels Data Center: Information on using electricity as a vehicle fuel, charging station availability, and the costs related to charging your EV.
- Available EV Charging Apps: List of EV Charging Apps that can help EV owners plan routes, locate EV charging stations, and provide payment options while on the road.
- Efficiency Maine’s Guidebook: How to Select and Install a Home Electric Vehicle Charger: Information and tips for current and prospective EV owners from Efficiency Maine.
- Efficiency Maine’s Guidebook: How to Charge Your EV at Home and Away: Easy-to-use, practical information about how to charge your electric vehicle (EV) at home and away from home.
- PlugStar Home EV Charger Shopping Tool: Search home EV chargers by price, features, and charging level.
Business and Fleet Resources
- Installing Level 2 Electric Vehicle Chargers: Guide to installing Level 2 EV chargers at commercial and public properties from Efficiency Maine.
- Electric Vehicle Fleets: Resource from the U.S. Department of Energy.
- EV Charging Initiatives: Information on Efficiency Maine’s initiatives to expand the availability of EV charging infrastructure and promote the use of EVs in Maine.
- Maine Won’t Wait: Maine’s Climate Action Plan (2020).
- Maine Clean Transportation Roadmap (2021): Policies and strategies to achieve the EV adoption targets in Maine’s Climate Action Plan.
- Maine’s Updated NEVI Plan (2023): Maine’s updated state plan for using federal funds to expand public EV charging between 2022 and 2026.
- Maine Department of Transportation: Information on funding for Maine Volkswagen Environmental Mitigation Settlement projects through MaineDOT.